Previous: Normal Mode Commands
Up: Appendix 1 - Useful codec control commands
Previous Page: Normal Mode Commands
Next Page: About this document ...
To perform most commands that reduce the coding quality, you must enter the
level three security password. This is UNLOCK and is entered by typing:
This will now allow you to enter protected commands, although it will time
out after a while.
- - fix the H261 quantiser to 8. Bitfield codecs have
a bug which mean the usual variable quantisers the codecs generate cause
corrupted images. Fixing the quantiser to 8 prevents this at the expense of
slightly lower quality video.
- - cancel a fix quantiser command and return to
higher quality video.
- - don't produce inter frames (results in very low
- - stop encoding motion vectors (results in
lower quality, but may be useful when there's a lot of packet loss)
- - actually not a protected command, but cancels most of