The Networked Multimedia Research Group at University College London
is developing IP mulicast conferencing technologies and applications
to support collaborative research, technical development and distance
education. The main areas of research include:
The research conducted in the group is heavily focused towards developing
solutions which are usable in the real-world, with experience in numerous
piloting projects in addition to pure technical research and development.
- Robust networked audio
- Coordination and control of multicast conferences
- Multimedia servers and video on demand
- Transcoding and gatewaying of media streams
- Secure conferencing systems and infrastructure
- Audio/video quality assessment
- Evaluation of multicast conferencing
A limited version of these pages can also be accessed via our IPv6 web server.