Doug Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wed, 18 Nov 87 08:32:59 EST
Has anyone out there had any experience with Sun's nameserver?
It would be useful to know things like:
1. Can I set this up and try it WITHOUT affecting the way things are done presently? There's no reason that the user community
2. What can I expect to happen when I start up the deamons?
(Whch daemons are necessary and sufficient?)
3. How can I tell if things are working (or not)?
4. Is it possible (advisable) to put up parts of this, or should
it be done all at once? I envision something like "rlogin host"
would query some designated nameserver for "host's" IP address.
5. What else is necessary to get sendmail to query the nameserver?
Thanks in advance.
Mail Stop 132C
NASA Langley Research Center
Hampton, VA 23665-5225
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 14:39:56 GMT